Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Memorbilia after the whipe  (Read 3752 times)

Ratix

« on: 12, March 2005, 03:39:11 »
Ok so a lot of people have talked about this and I think everyone really wants some credit for having their work deleted. I think having a whole bunch of statues inside of a huge temple would definately take up too much space. What would be nice is some kind of item (maybe an item that the player would choose, like I would have a my lvl 35 FS rod), which weighs nothing and can't be dropped and can't be used (so you couldn't apply it or eat/use it wtvr), that when examined tells the levels and stats of the former character. The second thing is some kind of way to "veteran probe" people which tells other players what the former lvls were. The third (in my opinion, most important) thing is the veteran has some kind of appearance difference, maybe a light green armband (instead of the red one, check the left arm of human male) but it would be on elves and females also. Just my 2c. (ok thats been repeated too many times on this forum)

Unislash

« Reply #1 on: 12, March 2005, 19:51:31 »
Nice ideas there. Maybe with the veteran probe then, it could be a command such as /vwho and it would match names to who is online. Only problem is for lvl 1-4 players who just kinda checked the game out with a common name. Maybe put a lvl req on which players the command matches. lvl 10 maybe?

Cheers,
Unislash
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

Mysteria

« Reply #2 on: 12, March 2005, 20:06:26 »
What about us that have played since Beta 1  :D ?
Owner of Slash_wraith since 2006.

Aveus

« Reply #3 on: 13, March 2005, 01:01:29 »
Also it might be more personal if you let the play have like a short when you probe them so that players can say their stats and how far they got into the game.

Also maybe players could have a little quote on their for example, "Aveus the beholder slayer." or something like that so that players could be remembed for more than just their lvl and name.
~One who can not trust or believe in others can not trust or believe themself~

Unislash

« Reply #4 on: 13, March 2005, 03:29:07 »
Ah, welcome back Aveus! It has been quite a while since i have seen that avatar.

The way i see it... i don't think that we should actually have a veteran probe. Reason is that generally, people don't go around casting probe at everyone to see if they are a veteran ;). I'm thinking a command that matches names who used to play with names who are on, and then display matching ones. That is the only way to tag a veteran i'd think...

Hm... maybe a better way would be to let the players drop their name into something. Hmm, even better: have them run over a tile that will collect their name & stats :). That should be pretty easy. What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Unislash
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

longir

« Reply #5 on: 13, March 2005, 05:39:18 »
hmmmmmm  I was just thinking.......a hall of heroes.  each person could write their memorial on the sign (or a book in the library?  hmmmmmmm)  then those that are interested would be able to look it up, those that aren't interested can just keep doing what they're doing.  In the memorial books/signs people could give what info they want.....like  Sir Aveus the slayer of beholders.  He was able to kill them in 3 mighty blows with his sword.  Even the Hive Master trembled in fear at the mention of his name.  (Level 93ph ........  striking for 330 damage......etc)
DM
Dev Team Member
Site Admin

Mostly retired from playing

Cheristheus

« Reply #6 on: 13, March 2005, 13:26:42 »
I like longir's idea best. How about a poll on this? Like:
  • No memorbilia
  • "Totem" (Ratix' idea)
  • Statues in a hall of heroes
  • Books of heroes in the library
  • both