Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  A secondary power after char wipe  (Read 1671 times)

Jaggs

« on: 14, March 2005, 17:39:02 »
(I saw mermobilia topic but this would be offtopic there I guess)

Definitions:
POWER
A power (yep another new idea, could be even a new topic :D) would be a class or deity based one, it could grant ex:
.Tabernacle - life saving (10% chance when receiving a death strike from mob, to survive and get fully healed)
.Worshippers of the moon - werewolf polimorph (from 0:00 to 6:00 only :), game time)
.Brotherhood of steel - blessed strike (10% chance max damage each hit)
.Magic Library Rats (lol, a bit humor is nice :)) - 10% chance per day to find a randomic scroll of your lvl in your inventory (one drop item, must be used before another one appears)
etc..
Of course each deity/class could have several powers each.

SECONDARY POWER
A secondary power (just one) would be like to have been born gifted with a especial hability that can contrast with all the way you have developed your knowledge and habilities, ex.: a warrior bornt from a father that was a gladiator and a mother that was a priest, he developed as a warrior but was gifted (genetically) with healing touch :).
So the secondary power would be like having a inherited unmutable permanent power chosen amongst all available from all classes/deities enable in game :)
Just think it as at the char wipe, the previous char was the father/mother of the current one :D

When beta 4 comes (if powers idea get implemented; hey it is just an example ok? :)), veterans from previous betas would have access to a secondary power that shall be chosen at char re-creation/setup (same account).
Each previous beta would grant 2% of chance per day (only one try allowed) to use the secondary skill, ex.: Veterans from beta1 would have 6% of chance to use the secondary power (previous betas count * 2%), and veterans from beta 3 would have just 2%. It could have a limit also of may be 16% (8 major releases, am I wrong if I say 4 years? :))

I believe this is a satisfatory reward for been helping in tests and bug reports (ok and having a lot of fun also but also keeping the game/community alive :D), the longer the better.
Consider also the constraints 'once per day, low percentual, only one try' would avoid unbalanced gameplay, it would be like finding a scroll of firestorm lvl 100, after you use it is gone, but you can find another other day, the only difference is you know what you can expect when 'trying to find' it :)

PS.: add some powers in replies :D
write and read  :cry:, write and read  :x, write and read  :(,
write and read  :shock:, write and read :?, write and read :P,
write and read  :), write and read :D, write and read 8)...
Submit

Cheristheus

« Reply #1 on: 14, March 2005, 17:51:33 »
Jaggs, good idea.
Sorry, no powers in my reply, I'm concentrating on Cherbot, then its port to Lua, then the breaking arrows code from your previous suggestion.
But good ideas!

Cher :)
Cher :)

Aveus

« Reply #2 on: 14, March 2005, 18:33:43 »
I think we had this discussion quite a while back, but back then it was more of an item thing, i think someone said sometihng like having more exp would enable you to get a special item or alot of money.

On the basic of powers, like you said shouldn't make it too easy for you but could give you an edge in the right situations, i thought of some powers like :

Mage shield - protects fully against any magic attack - uses full mana and only once aday

Fingers of Lighting - Makes firing a arrows,bolts,stones and other throwing items faster - but only could be used by someone with high Ag

Turncoat? - Enemies dont attack you for a certain amount of time - havent thought this one through yet

Tears of the phoenix - Chance of losing stats and exp when killed 15%?

Thats about all i thought for now
~One who can not trust or believe in others can not trust or believe themself~

kgbspy

« Reply #3 on: 14, March 2005, 23:21:12 »
double weapon mastery - allows you to equip 2 one handed weapons at once
whirlwind - only availible with above, uses 40 mana, attacks all surrounding enemies once with each weapon

yes, i play diablo 2, and got those ideas from the barbarian
Game name: kgbspy
i collect magical shields!  always buying as long as i have the money!
In Soviet Russia, game plays YOU
Visit The Daimonin Item Database

Ratix

« Reply #4 on: 15, March 2005, 03:09:41 »
I don't really think we should have any advantage over new players, but the werewolf idea is good. ;)

PS: How are rats humorous?

Drekor

« Reply #5 on: 15, March 2005, 08:17:20 »
Well, I dunno about that, maybe the powers thing is a good idea, or maybe we should get two extra items when we create our new chars.  The powers thing, I'd like better.  Here are some ideas.

Fireblood:  1% chance of adding 10% fire damage to your attacks
Iceblood: Same as above but with ice
Riposte: 1% chance of blocking and countering your opponent's attacks (50% normal damage)
Favored of the Gods: 1% chance when praying that you fill your grace up fully
Moondancer:  At night, when outside, 10% chance that you max hit
Sundancer: Same but at day
WeaponMastery: 0.05% chance that when you use a weapon, you increase its WC and its Damage by +1 (only applicable to you, if you give the weapon away, it looses those bonuses)
Tricky: You attack and sometimes dance around the enemy, stunning them with your antics (slapslapslapPOKE)
Diehard: When you die, you have a 2% chance of taking any enemy around you with you
FavoredCompanion: When fighting with a friend (or with someone you can see) You and the person with you gain a 1% chance of maxing your damage against your opponent
NothingtoLoose: When you have no extra items in your inventory and are below 50% health, you strike faster.
ShinyHead: When you have a light-giving object, its range is longer
Intimidating: you have a 2% chance of having your opponents run away from you
Lore: Have 1% chance of identifying a found item

I think we could also incorporate flaws to the character, like, for example
BloodRager: consider the weapon wielded to have a +1 magical bonus but your armor to have a -2 AC penalty
Kind&Generous: the items you buy cost 30% less but you must be hit by a MOB to initiate combat
BloodReaper: You consider your weapon to have +1 WC and your armor +1 AC, but your must stay in the corpse of your slain enemy for 5 seconds (you can still pray/fight etc...)
Curious: You automatically look in the corpse (watch out for traps!!)
Picky:  You can only eat and drink one type of food or you can only wear armor of the same color

All I got right now... you like?

longir

« Reply #6 on: 15, March 2005, 15:14:42 »
I don't know how well this fits on the topic, and I'm sure the coding for it would be horrendous, but most of those could be put into psionics (Me group).  If that was to be implemented, there should be a chance of failure to learn the power, just a little lower for veterans.  That would also make Int useful.  Then there would have to be either quests or level requirements (or both) to gain each power.  And some powers would be opposed to others so you would have to choose.....like attack path (tk blast (psi attack with impact type damage)), or defensive path (psi shield (increase ac/prots)).
DM
Dev Team Member
Site Admin

Mostly retired from playing

Jaggs

« Reply #7 on: 16, March 2005, 17:49:22 »
Only 2 or 3 powers could be available in the beggining, not much coding for that I guess :).
And ppl could change it, may be we can use a command '/resetself AGREE' (no items lost) if we are at most lvl 10, so we can experiment the powers til we think we found one we really like.
Could also have a /mutatepower, when you reach lvl 50, if you find your current power to be boring, and allowed again at lvl 100 and so on...

It wouldnt be a real advantage, just a nice little chance to use bonnus for veterans, I mean we can be unlucky and not be able to use the secondary power for like a hole month real time, the percentual is too low and only long time veterans have a bit better chance. I believe tho we will be able to use it once a week maybe :).
Btw I think the try could be automatic, and you store the use til you think you should use it. A nice icon would appear indicating 2nd power available to be used :).

I've read very creative and nice ideas here (add more! :D), I believe a 'power' is something very ample, and the creativity can be largely explored on this subject :D

PS.: the humour is 'library rats' not just rats, mean ppl that loves spending sunny sundays on libraries (nothing against them, knowledge helps to make life better) :D
write and read  :cry:, write and read  :x, write and read  :(,
write and read  :shock:, write and read :?, write and read :P,
write and read  :), write and read :D, write and read 8)...
Submit

Ellwoodblues

« Reply #8 on: 03, April 2005, 22:51:48 »
Nice ideas like a much more interesting version of the special attacks for regular weapons I posted elsewhere... neat!

Jon_

« Reply #9 on: 15, January 2007, 03:27:42 »
I was thinking about how cool it could be if Two-Weapon battling was implemented into this game. That would make 4 different ways to battle mobs using Ph. 1st 3 ways  of course are the 2h, 1h and shield, and just 1h. With 2W the user would be able to hold 2 mini weapons.

Was thinking the speed could increase twice as fast, for each mini weapon, as a normal 1h.
To counter balance dmg would decrease to half the dmg of a normal 1h for each mini weapon.

Im sure someone has thought about this already but i havent seen any posts for it. =/ If anyone can elaborate or has any extra ideas feel free.  :wink:

- JonnyQuest_
After a long days work I find myself in need of 10 booze and a 2h Panzerstecher +1 of LC. Too bad I usually pass out before I get to use it. =)

longir

DM
Dev Team Member
Site Admin

Mostly retired from playing

Ellwoodblues

« Reply #11 on: 15, January 2007, 04:11:17 »
oh.. apparently I and Longir were working on this at the same time... well.. Another successful merge under my belt.

Tags: