Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Cinematics  (Read 2734 times)

hookavahsson

« on: 23, February 2006, 22:26:19 »
Will there be an intro movie for Daimonin in the future? It seems as though many MMORPGs have this feature.

Naomeire

« Reply #1 on: 24, February 2006, 03:19:37 »
A very interesting and timely idea.  Perhaps I could suggest, if you have the knowledge and skills, create a sample and send it to MT.  I'd like to see some ideas here, but I certainly know little to nothing of creating this type of media.
Naomeire
Battle Mage, Artist, Mapwiz

Unislash

« Reply #2 on: 24, February 2006, 09:10:38 »
An into movie would be awesome, especially if you could make a nice one :). I would really like to see anyone's attempts on it.

Cheers,
Unislash
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

hookavahsson

« Reply #3 on: 25, February 2006, 01:20:37 »
Well, I'm no Steven Speilburg

Does anyone have ideas for an opening movie for Daimonin?

Lord_Fyrestorm

« Reply #4 on: 25, February 2006, 01:34:53 »
Hey, just putting it out there that I work with 3d graphics and if given an idea could probably whip something up.
Character: Jace
Level: 2
At least I'm not a complete noob anymore!

hookavahsson

« Reply #5 on: 25, February 2006, 01:49:17 »
Alright, all we need is a writer then! Anyone up for the job?

Naomeire

« Reply #6 on: 25, February 2006, 02:21:35 »
I don't know about writing, but I have some ideas....

How about this:

Scene One:
Fade from black.  A warrior is running down a darkened hallway.  [Musical score begins to play.]  He's wearing plate mail and a flowing green cape.  As he comes to an open room full of dried bones, three skeletons jump out of the shadows and attack him.  He draws his sword, cuts down one skellie, and clashes swords with the second.  As he turns, the third skeleton runs him through with a rusty blade.  Fade to black.

Scene Two:
Fade from black.  A mage stands before a stone giant.  [Musical score intensifies.]  He is wearing a feathered hat and a black robe, and wields a pine quarterstaff.  The mage begins to gesture with his hands as the giant lunges forward.  As the stone giant raises his club to smash him, the mage begins to glow with a bright white aura and from his fingertips a Firestorm bursts forth, cutting the giant down in a brilliant display of fire and acrid black smoke.  Fade to black.

Scene Three:
Fade from black.  [Music grows more desperate.]  Scene opens with two warriors, a male human wearing light leather armor, and a female half elf wearing scale mail.  They are both locked in deadly combat with a terrifying wyvern.  The half elf falls to one knee as the human tries to deflect a blow from the wyvern's tail.  [Music becomes triumphant.]  Enter a priest dressed in a flowing white vestment.  He raises his hands, clasped in prayer and the female stands as she begins to glow with divine energy.  She re-enters combat renewed as the human male falters and falls.  Fade to black.

Final Scene:
Fade from black to the Daimonin logo.  [Musical score ends]

I wish I had some ability in this arena, so I could show you what I 'see' in my mind.  But, I have tried to give you a general idea.
Naomeire

hookavahsson

« Reply #7 on: 25, February 2006, 03:15:35 »
I've visualized the scenes in my mind, and i must say that I could have put it no better. Although, instead of fading, why not just cut to the next scene immediatly? Just a though, but the fading is and original way of making a short movie in that genre.

Lord_Fyrestorm

« Reply #8 on: 25, February 2006, 04:13:55 »
I can visualize it perfectly. I'll see what I can do.

hookavahsson

« Reply #9 on: 25, February 2006, 15:11:11 »
This is turning out better than I expected! In the mean time, can I get some feedback here? Any ideas?

Lord_Fyrestorm

« Reply #10 on: 25, February 2006, 23:30:31 »
I was thinking about changing the transitions a bit. For example in the first scene, when the warrior gets run through, blood spatters on the camera and it fades from that. If thats too gory I could work something else out, like a gleam from his sword temporary blinding the camera. And for the second scene, the camera gets enveloped in fire, and then fades to the third scene. Personally, i think fading to black from the last scene is perfect and then having the Daimonin logo appearing.  Then it would go right to the "press any key" opening screen showing the version and such.

btw, anyone think they could take a whack at the musical score once the movie is done? I might be able to put something together in fruityloops, but it wouldnt be that great.

hookavahsson

« Reply #11 on: 26, February 2006, 00:53:15 »
Yeah, blood would be a bit gory, but the gleaming sword effect sounds nice. As for the musical score, I think Fallon_Dark and Black chobit have some experience in that field.

Naomeire

« Reply #12 on: 26, February 2006, 02:59:29 »
Fallon_Dark, and Gnub_slayer, Blackchobit (does he play anymore?), and myself have all done submissions of music in the past.  I'm sure collectively we could come up with a nice musical score that fits the bill.

Especially if we have some visuals to go off of.  As to changing the transitions, or for that matter any aspect, its your baby.  I was just throwing out my ideas.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

[Edit:  Personally, the gore wouldn't bother me, but maybe if we don't want Daimonin to have an M for violence rating, we should steer away from too much blood splatter.  I'd like to see a little though.)
Naomeire

konokinda

« Reply #13 on: 26, February 2006, 05:09:50 »
just to add a scene of my own (since u got all the classes except one)

opening is a guy with a silver robe on backing into a wall as he's closed in on by random mobs. He focuses his magic into one hand and smashes it to the ground unleashing earth spikes flying evry which way in front of him. then he jumps over them all, pulls out a bow and charges an arrow with magic. he let's it go and it hits the biggest guy in the room so hard it pind him to the wall by his chest. the mage/archer lands and walks off.

that may be complicated to animate but it would look good if it was. ;)
ICH HASSE

Comith

« Reply #14 on: 26, February 2006, 16:05:42 »
We couldn't do all classes, especially when blacksmithing is implemented. Though I agree that we need archer in there :/
I buy feathered hats. /tell me about it.

Tags: