Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Ego  (Read 1091 times)

dwarrior

Ego

« on: 03, April 2006, 01:17:38 »
I am uncertain of the intelligence of this idea. However, I do want to suggest it. How about an ability, perhaps in the shop, to ego-bind any item you have? I would find this particularly useful for ornaments, such as christmas trees which are often stolen when displayed.
Dwarrior may have returned while you weren't looking.

smacky

Ego

« Reply #1 on: 03, April 2006, 01:52:09 »
Then we'd have a forest of immovable Soandso's Xmas trees covering every available tile in Stoneglow.

Hm... Good idea, I like it a lot. :lol:

Ratix

Ego

« Reply #2 on: 03, April 2006, 02:23:02 »
Me too. Cept we need SR flags instead of my lovely christmas trees.

dwarrior

Ego

« Reply #3 on: 03, April 2006, 02:38:48 »
@ratix That's also good.

@smacky Who'd be so horrible as to abandon a tree? Also, if there was a cost to ego-bind it, it would be very expensive to do so. Finally, even if they were rich enough to pay for all those ego-fied trees, players can just walk over them anyway. :)

jakcool

Ego

« Reply #4 on: 03, April 2006, 03:04:00 »
I think thats a good idea dwarrior.But what if you wanted to trade it after you ego binded it?Just a thought.

Cheers,
Jakcool :lol:  8)  :P
Cheers,
Jakcool

dwarrior

Ego

« Reply #5 on: 03, April 2006, 03:10:48 »
Well, if the price tag was appropriate, you wouldn't just go ego-binding anything, would you? Its primary use would be for objects that you decorate with. For instance, at a recent party, I laid out my beautiful christmas tree. Some person kept on stealing it and holding it to ransom. If it was ego-bound, I could laugh ay his foolishness! Mufufufufufufu.

Bobthehobo

Ego

« Reply #6 on: 03, April 2006, 03:53:27 »
He could still hold it for ransom. You don't pay him money he will just drop it in the trash somewhere where you will never find it.

Ratix

Ego

« Reply #7 on: 03, April 2006, 04:33:22 »
Maybe timed-egos, for parties, things that are ego-bound for a half hour after being laid down.

dwarrior

Ego

« Reply #8 on: 03, April 2006, 04:41:51 »
Yeah, that's a good idea.

@Traitor, I meant the type where no-one else can pick up the item in question.

smacky

Ego

« Reply #9 on: 03, April 2006, 05:29:37 »
Being a bit serious for a moment I think the possibility of egobinding any and all items was brought up when MT introduced egobinding. I assume the work was in coding egobinding at all. Now that it's coded I suspect adding it to any and every item would be a doddle. Yet this hasn't happened. Again I assume that's to prevent people abusing it by, eg, littering the landscape with immoveable items.

That said, timed ego items sounds good (like corpses).

dwarrior

Ego

« Reply #10 on: 03, April 2006, 05:36:37 »
Yeah, well, it'd stop people stealing my tree. They're all after the tree! I'm not sleep-deprived; they really are!

ThePlaneskeeper

Ego

« Reply #11 on: 03, April 2006, 10:30:52 »
ego binding for say... 10 g would probably be fair- enough to keep most people from even thinking about it, and perhaps could be considered an "enchantment" effect, causing other people to be unable to touch the items that have been ego binded.  Its all in the way you look at it.  Besides, Daimonin could warn someone who is landscaping some area (other than their own house, which would be cool to have) that it is unacceptable to do this, and that these items will be lost in a map reset if they are not taken down... just some ideas...

dwarrior

Ego

« Reply #12 on: 03, April 2006, 11:41:40 »
Well I agree for 10g if it is permanent, but if it is timed, :/

longir

Ego

« Reply #13 on: 03, April 2006, 16:49:03 »
egobinding/inscribing items and removing the egobind/inscription have been discussed a few times.  For now, only certain items can be bound.  As mentioned, you have to start somewhere.  Now that it is available for certain items, once B4 is released, it can be pursued further for all items with remove option.
DM
Dev Team Member
Site Admin

Mostly retired from playing

trepie

Ego

« Reply #14 on: 03, April 2006, 21:06:03 »
I have been saying this since ego binding first came around. There is no reason not to be able to 'egobind' anything you like so that noone can touch your stuff, great for showing/viewing... but the most useful of the advantage is the ability to 'egobind' your ammo... stuff like projectiles that HAVE to leave you at some point. i dont feel that there should be a cost for this and as for ppl that like to 'clog up' the maps with stuff would get bored of doing such when all their stuff gets lost in the (weekly?) server reset, put in place to clear up such things...

As I say, I've given this some thought and programming aside (of this I know not much), i can think of no reason for us not to be able to toggle ego on and off as we wish on a range (or all) of our items.

Cheers, Trepie :)

Tags: