Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  *Suggestion list*  (Read 7121 times)

Unislash

« on: 06, April 2006, 07:15:57 »
Hey all,

This is an incomplete list of ideas that are both realistic to Daimonin's development and interesting/necessary. The purpose of this list is not to say that the rest of the suggestions are not possible and should not be looked at, posted in, or uninteresting. The purpose of this list is to give everyone more of a directory.

This directory can and should be used for (but definately not limited to) finding suggestions that are already suggested so as not to resuggest them, for newcomers to come and find some cool ideas which may easily become the future of Daimonin, and to make it in any way possible easier for developers who don't have the abundance of time to filter through the huge amounts of suggestion threads, or to bring some hiding ones up to their attention. Now, without further ado:

• Unique feature
    An extremely plausible suggestion that would truly set Daimonin apart from the competition
  • Astrology and Astronomy
    Suggested to be somewhat like tradeskills, but nevertheless quite something different than the rest
  • Seasons and other things based on in-game Time
    Daimonin has seasons, moon phases, and much more to be accessed by "/time". Lots of ideas on what these should effect (crossfire code has some i believe)
  • Second Weapon Type
    If we always keep it to one weapon type, i have a feeling these will always pop up
  • Cinematics
    Currently being worked on by volunteers :)
« Last Edit: 20, February 2009, 20:42:13 by Falciron »
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

Dagott

« Reply #1 on: 10, June 2006, 00:24:38 »
I would like to see polls taken from Daimonin players about which ideas are important and interesting to them......and then have the game Davs look at how those ideas may be implemented instead of just doing whatever.  Also  Uni- I think their are alot more suggestions out their and to only list a few is kinda unjust.

What do you all think?  Uni it's up tp you man
I try to look up at the sky but my eyes burn...

Lifes a bitch and then you die thats why we get hight , cause you never know when your gonna go.........

Dagott the self-proclaimed Map-Ganeral &
Daimonin Artist

Unislash

« Reply #2 on: 11, August 2006, 03:16:53 »
Hmmm, somehow i didn't read this reply back in june...

Anyhoo, polls would be a great idea on these suggestions, but i'm not sure how we would do that... It'd be a long poll list for a forum thread... eh, i'll try making it.

As far as there only being a few suggestions in this list: smacky and i search/ed for ideas which were both really interesting to us, could be very interesting to other developers, would make the game unique in a realistic fashion, all the while keeping the list to all of the plausable ideas. Just that they aren't on this list doesn't mean your ideas don't fit into these categories--maybe we missed it :). If you really have a suggestion that you really like and think that it would fit in the list, then put a post up. I prefer to keep this thread pretty clean, though, and will make up my mind on the suggestion in question and delete the post so we don't have... a lot of posts. I do realize that i seem really unjust in the last sentence ("i'll make up my mind"), but i'm just trying to make it clear how i will act, and trying not to speak for smacky himself :).

The idea for this list is to make it easy for the developers to find suggestions which fit into daimonin and would make the game better, overall. It is not to make a list of all suggestions; we have a suggestions forum for that.

Cheers,
Unislash

EDIT: The poll option on the forum thread will not work. There are too many poll options.
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

Tags: