Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  War, Is it coming to this?  (Read 1471 times)

KnightOfWar

« on: 10, July 2005, 17:38:14 »
ok im new, but i've been watching all of this for days, war, is it possible in this situation??SeaRats and D-Unit At War? Thsi is what will ruin a good game such as Daimonin, Just a quick question, Is War Possible?
Leader of KOTSO.
The Lost Knight.

Current Losses: 0
Current Wins: 0

MarcK

« Reply #1 on: 11, July 2005, 08:17:09 »
It's not really possible yet, but PvP (player versus player) is supposed to be coming in Beta 4, due any time now.
Volunteer Drow Annihilator (not annihilator of Volunteer Drows ;))

tunginobi

« Reply #2 on: 11, July 2005, 10:35:59 »
PvP should really be optional. I don't want to be dragged into a situation I'd rather not be in.
tunginobi.uplink(); - my projects + blog

kyleball2

« Reply #3 on: 11, July 2005, 13:27:41 »
It will be optional...obviously. but if u dont participate ull be losing out, because it will be fun! but stuff that mt is planning to do may not be optional, not sure, if u read 1 of the posts about clan wars and his ideas about it, some of his ideas there may not be optinion, but like a mini quest, i think...

Asuruga

« Reply #4 on: 20, July 2005, 23:55:00 »
Hmm, PVP eh? reminds me of iRO (international ragnarok online). Awesome... oh, and i have a question about beta four...will characters reset? or is it like a patch to the game?

Unislash

« Reply #5 on: 21, July 2005, 01:59:26 »
Chars will not be reset. It is sorta like a patch to the game, but the whole entire game would be patched... So, i'd call it a beta :P. What i am trying to say is the term Beta <number> is a whole new unit of measure.... if you get what i mean. Eh... a *lot* of patches may come close (but then i say a new beta comes closer). Also, would new maps and mobs be considered a patch?

Hm, anyways, no char whipe at this beta (i think it is 1.0 that will be a char whipe, if i am not mistaken--don't worry, -long- time before that happens). Just lots of new content, and lots of new tools... Here, an alias from mIRC:

Beta 4 has a few changes. These are just the main ones: Groups, New Exp System, New Spell System, New Quest GUI, New Books GUI, NEW MAPS (Stonehaven, Illuma, Stonehaven Village, Stoneglow Fixes and Additions, over 300 new maps i believe), new ARCHS (New MOBs, New NPCs, New Landscape, New Walls and Floors), New Ranks (Player, VOL, GM, DM), Migration to Lua.

Cheers,
Unislash

Add-on: I did not mean to change the way this thread goes--however, i did like how it was dead for a while :)
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

Elephantey

« Reply #6 on: 21, July 2005, 12:29:25 »
U mean eles gonna be wiped, dont panic, take deep breaths, ahhhhhhhh.
Captainof 1st class of the 6th regiment of D-unit
Co-leader of Knights Of The Silver Order
Leader of regiment 2 in the Slayers
Looking minor dam armour of any kind (ie helmet or chestplate or boots etc)
http://www.freewebs.com/elephantey/

delgamaster

« Reply #7 on: 21, July 2005, 18:03:49 »
AHAHAHAHAHA, IT STARTED ABOUT A RUMOR OF WAR, AND IT FINISHED TALKIN' ABOUT B4, IT'S GOIN' TO BE SWEET THE PVP.... AHAHAHAHHAA
E'toris librae of the United Federation of people

Unislash

« Reply #8 on: 21, July 2005, 18:21:18 »
Yea.... as i said, it isn't going to be for a long time, years for sure. Also, as i said, i didn't mean to change the path of this thread, just to answer a question :P.

Cheers,
Unislash
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

fizban

« Reply #9 on: 26, July 2005, 05:21:32 »
war would turn daimonin into faldon (a hell-hole)
we all have an addiction of some sort...
mine is lemons

Shadowwave01

« Reply #10 on: 26, July 2005, 05:51:02 »
lol i think lippy has that avatar, i dont think the war is through
ok that is all.....I guess

Admin of Clan'o'fun
First Class major of D-Unit
Buying RoY =) lol

karmine

« Reply #11 on: 26, July 2005, 23:53:12 »
this thread isnt deleted yet? or moved? war will not ruin the game.  hasnt ruined any others. dont see people quitting D2 cause of clan wars.

Cheristheus

« Reply #12 on: 27, July 2005, 10:13:38 »
My opinion is that we do not need clan wars. My opinion is definite about that. Peace.

And war has ruined many many other games. I can't tell for mmorpgs but war has ruined many public 1st person shooter servers.
Cher :)

Elephantey

« Reply #13 on: 27, July 2005, 10:25:18 »
Ahum, MT has said NOT to delete threads as he wants an archive or somthin. Also, theres always room for a first ruined MMORPG (by the way, wat does the MMO stand for?)
Captainof 1st class of the 6th regiment of D-unit
Co-leader of Knights Of The Silver Order
Leader of regiment 2 in the Slayers
Looking minor dam armour of any kind (ie helmet or chestplate or boots etc)
http://www.freewebs.com/elephantey/

AlbinoPenguin

« Reply #14 on: 27, July 2005, 10:29:51 »
Massive
Multiplayer
Role
Playing
Game
..............[insert witty comment here]...............

Tags: