Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Poll

Do you like my idea

No
0 (0%)
Yes
3 (30%)
I dont know
0 (0%)
Could use work
5 (50%)
Go kill your selk you NooB!!
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: 27, July 2005, 10:44:01

Author Topic:  cool idea  (Read 6013 times)

Lilgohanssj

« on: 27, July 2005, 10:44:01 »
my idea is like a raid system when theres a certain amount of people on the game liek 30 for instance the town starts getting raided by monsters(powerfull and weak) in waves liek first the weakest mosnters then the stronger and so fourth and the people in the game need to prevent the mosnters from destroying the town and if they dont there should be a negative affect something slight tho this would be fun if ur tired of jsut owning mosnters to lvl

ps. leave feed back liek what you liek about it and how it can be aproved..(i called my self a noob weee)

kyleball2

« Reply #1 on: 27, July 2005, 10:54:46 »
I like the idea, ive suggested something like that somewhere before :) i think it would be really fun and a changed from hack and slash run and heal! daimonin needs more coders to code some of these ideas, for possible implementation (well i think they do? not 100% sure) :)

Lilgohanssj

« Reply #2 on: 27, July 2005, 10:56:51 »
well technically the game does not need more coders but more coders would A. give mt some time away form the game and B. the stuff would be done at a quicker speed

Elephantey

« Reply #3 on: 27, July 2005, 12:10:31 »
Man, this has been sugested like ohh so many times. Well im gonna vote for needs a bit of work cos this town is not well defendable, as im sure Hune will agree with me, we could do with a fort, maybe a warning bell, a few more NPCs on our side, some varied lvl mobs so that all lvl players can join in. Also, like a 30 min warnin, or else people deep in DT wont be able to come to town and help. As for punishments, everyone that has heard the warning (so cant just log off to escape it) will suffer if say the statue in town is captured. Punishment could be say lose 1 lvl (not affecting those lvl 3-). Hope this helps

Hope this helps ele

PS lotsa barracades, like at fight by UC, also the fort surrounding the mobs target and maybe we can attack one of their cities, everyone involved could gain say 1 gold? Also, I was soo close to voting go kill yourself noob purely cos of how funny it is :).
Captainof 1st class of the 6th regiment of D-unit
Co-leader of Knights Of The Silver Order
Leader of regiment 2 in the Slayers
Looking minor dam armour of any kind (ie helmet or chestplate or boots etc)
http://www.freewebs.com/elephantey/

Lilgohanssj

« Reply #4 on: 27, July 2005, 12:14:04 »
well yea a warning would be needed and crud and more npc's would be good even magic ones that woul use a spell like "heal all" and stuff like that

Elephantey

« Reply #5 on: 27, July 2005, 12:17:51 »
Dont forget the fortifications that we need :).

Lilgohanssj

« Reply #6 on: 27, July 2005, 12:36:27 »
lol barbed wire land mine super high power lasers lmao sand bags blade traps lol the whole shibang

kyleball2

« Reply #7 on: 27, July 2005, 12:40:59 »
i dont think u shud lose a level, i think u shud lose a few stats, which come back after u got the statue back...i think that would be good, losing a level is extremelely harsh, especially for extremely high lvls!

Lilgohanssj

« Reply #8 on: 27, July 2005, 12:46:28 »
yea sumthing like stats or u all die or one of ur items(non equipped/applyed) is turned to dust or something and if u beat the waves u get a prize/gold depending on how amny kills u got  so even if ur a lvl 1 and got 2 kills form the weak enemies u sitll would get something

kyleball2

« Reply #9 on: 27, July 2005, 12:50:17 »
not lose an item either, it would make me not enjoy it! lol i would hate to have 1 of my items destroyed! :(

Lilgohanssj

« Reply #10 on: 27, July 2005, 12:55:47 »
lol well proabally a stat lost would be good but thats if the liek capture the church/preist place but the rewards would be bigger if u get alot of kills, u kno wats funny the forums are booming when the game is down by the way any new news on when it will be back up

Hune

« Reply #11 on: 28, July 2005, 00:42:55 »
I have heard mention of orc raids at a fortress near town but have never been around to witness it. If any raid should occour anywhere I should hope that the fortress acts as our first line of defense for I agree with Elephanty entirely on the current state of our towns defenses. If an enemy were to ever penetrate that fortress and we were to lose a siege on the town, then I do believe that the town would be lost forever.

I myself am prepared for any such siege and will fight many deaths if need be!

Psy

« Reply #12 on: 28, July 2005, 05:38:06 »
Hello all :),

Yes, you are right about how many times this idea has been suggested Ele. I believe Future and I worked this theme over MILLIONS of times...and got severely ignored til we started the stories and then people sought to elevate their reputation in Daimonin through them :wink:.

Well..hune and Ele, you are quite correct regarding the Fort as our First line of defense. Even if the beasts could waltz up to Stoneglow through a bypass of the Fort, they would have to worry about the Fort's Garrison returning to retake the city. Ghzel (The Fort) would be quite fun if it behaved as a dungeon rather than a part of the wilderness. One could enter the "Ghzel" playing feild and be transported to the inner cloister of the Fort and be charged with preventing the Orcs (or whatever) from breaching it and claiming the goal (A flag or killing of the head mage at the Fort). The greater the number of players within Ghzel, the more mobs or chances of overspawn there are! That way, the game remains balanced. The amount of waves a player completes determines the size of their reward. For example, 7 waves would entitle one to a reward of 10g and a ring...and so on and so forth.

This plan could also be implemented for the Southern warzone; making the area a dungeon/playing feild who's fate is completley in the hands of the players. Say the Fort was overtaken...then, the mobs back in the wilderness would become more aggressive and would eventually attempt to overtake Stoneglow.

The Fort would be an area for intermediate level players while the Southern Warzone would be an area for low elvel players. A whole new battlefield would have to be implemented for the High level players. If the High lvl fort gets breached and conquered, the aggressivness and amount oif mobs attacking Stoneglow would be higher than if Fort Ghzel got breached :).

Whatya think?

-Psy :D
(WMD) Weapon of Mob Destruction
D-Unit Chronos Premier.
D-Unit info : Documentation -->User stories

Elephantey

« Reply #13 on: 28, July 2005, 12:13:25 »
Sounds good Psy, but I have to disagree with the lo punishments being talked over above
'i dont think u shud lose a level, i think u shud lose a few stats, which come back after u got the statue back...i think that would be good, losing a level is extremelely harsh, especially for extremely high lvls!'
Ah yes, but whats the challenge in this, if theress no risk and lotsa gold to be won, then this seems unbalanced. I think losing a lvl is quite unharsh. This would then force everyone to join in, also, if they cant log out or suffer losing a lvl, this prevents people runnin away.

Lilgohanssj

« Reply #14 on: 28, July 2005, 14:39:09 »
true so a stat lsot would be great

Tags: