Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Character Classes  (Read 4965 times)

Psy

« on: 26, August 2005, 21:29:39 »
Hello All :),

We need to come up with a few good classes and orders for the game's players/characters. Any suggestions?

It is probable that in the Future course of this game, the role playing part of the title will go into a more defined effect. The option of being a follower of the Light or a servent of the Dark should be implemented for it broadens the game's horrizons. That is why I have the following ideas :P: - As of now, only Dark :wink:

Phantasmer (Dark)

Summoning  

Diruid Phantom Summoning: Allows you to summon a Diruid phantom that fights by your side for a limited amount of time. This amount increases by level of experience in that spell/skill.

Diruid Necromere Summoning: Allows you to summon a necromere wraith that will fight by your side until the break of dawn; when the wraith will disintegrate under the light. Duration rules are the same.

Diruid Malus Summoning: Same, but this Diruid can withstand the light...howevere, has a time restriction .

Diruid Hordil Summoning: Summons a powerful Avatar of King Malpercio (Lor of the Diruid) that sustains itself by draining the player's mana in order to inflict powerful attacks. Melee attacks are not fueled by mana, however energy attacks will require a drain. Drain decreases with mastry.

Morphing

Phantasm: Allows a player to blend in with enviroment partially for a limited amount of time; granting them some degree of stealth.

Phantasmic Mastry: Allows a player to prolong phantasm and eventually, blend in completely with enviroment. Due to the player being between plane, this skill allows the player to see objects or mobs that would be otherwise invisible to teh naked eye; giving Phantasmers an edge over other Mage classes.

Spells

Necroflame: Fires a projectile infused with the drakness of the lowest plane. Damage varies by skill level

Sword of Montis: Fires a sword like projectile that drains the mana and grace of any light-associated player or mob.

Soul Drain: Emits a specter that drains the life of the opponent, granting it to the player.

Diruid Damnation: Fires a scyth-like projectile that inflicts damage (peionic and physical) to opponents.

Nether storm: A psionic fire/ice storm.....you get the picture

Be sure to include some skill trees and such...These are just a few...any more?  

-Psy :D
(WMD) Weapon of Mob Destruction
D-Unit Chronos Premier.
D-Unit info : Documentation -->User stories

Future

« Reply #1 on: 26, August 2005, 21:40:27 »
jeeez man! u got some crazee ideas dawg lol  :shock:
D-Unit Kairos Premier
        Future
   .:*D-UNIT*:.

Psy

« Reply #2 on: 26, August 2005, 21:44:56 »
LOL. I've got a wild imagination :wink:. Currently, I've got two outlets for it; MS paint (drawing up the Diruids) and MS Word (writing the stories) :P.

D-Unit Chronos Premier.

michtoen

« Reply #3 on: 26, August 2005, 23:30:47 »
hm, like that...

Thats a good theme for a guild (which will give that kind of profession).
vita est proelium

Hune

« Reply #4 on: 27, August 2005, 02:43:11 »
I only see benefits to becoming a Druid... What are the costs or disadvantages... You cant have all the good and none of the bad... right...?

Here are the professions I'm working on...

Herbalist - Makes balms and such... can add posion damage to attacks
Enchanter - Can recharge wands... Can enchant items...
Diviner - Can harness powers from rare gems and such
Weaponsmith - Can make weapons
Scribe - Can write scrolls and use Rune Magic

All careers involve heavy interaction with NPCs and cost reagents to perform most tasks. I'm hoping this will keep some sort of power balance and prevent super-powered players.

I would be more than happy to help you with scripting your NPC Diruid should you need help with lua.

Garath

« Reply #5 on: 28, August 2005, 00:35:45 »
Ya Hune has a point. Being a Diruid guy seems a little to good to be true. Got to make it weak to light attacks or something like that. Also the dark vs. light aspect needs to affect stuff too. Here are some of my ideas

Dark: Requirements are that you must have an evil alignened god devotion...thing....yknow like with the tabernacle.

+s
Resistant to dark attacks
Dark Quests
Stronger at night
Use advaced dark spells
some dark mobs won't attack you but you can't attack them either
-s
Weak to light
Can't do light quests
Weak during the day
Can't use ANY light spells

Light:The exact same as dark but flipflopped.

Neutral: Neutral god worship
+s
Not weak to dark or light
Can do either quests except will be a bit harder
equaly strong during the day and night
can use both type of spells

-s
Spells arn't as are not as strong as if you were dark or light
all mobs try to kill you
can't use advaced dark or light spells

Also if your in a dungeon the time of day won't afect you because you can't draw power from your element in the dungeon and the oposite element can't affect you while in a dungeon.

I like your wraith idea. I don't think the dungeon should affect how long it lasts. Just to clear things up.

Also feel free to add to my light/netural/dark +s and -s.
Sorry about my spelling. I often didn't do to well on spelling tests if I didn't study.
For me it was both.

Asuruga

« Reply #6 on: 28, August 2005, 01:38:47 »
Hmm. How about some character classes now? XD jk!

Paladin

I have one. Skilled with the art of healing and fighting. Basically, its the mix between a cleric and a fighter.

Assassin

I defintitely want this class. :wink: the mix between a theif and a mercenary, they are skilled in the art of secrecy andbeing hidden and undetected.

Necromancer

Can summon skeletons and other ethereal monsters, such as a wraith. A good idea would be that the necromancer can choose to make his monsters hostile to all, or just hostile to mobs. this way, you could summon two groups, and let them fight it out.

i also think the attribute of neutral/dark/light is a good idea. =3

Psy

« Reply #7 on: 28, August 2005, 03:34:11 »
I only see benefits to becoming a Druid... What are the costs or disadvantages... You cant have all the good and none of the bad... right...?

D-I-ruid..lol :wink:.

Thanks for bringing that up Hune and Garath...completely forgot.

Aside from the obvious (weakness against light), Phantasmers should do the following:

Gain strength from:

1) Psionic attacks would have no effect on a phantasmer.
2) There will be some minor resistence to lightining. Remember, the phantasmer is a servent of the greater Diruids and is thus granted minions by them; thus they share the same weaknesses and strengths...for teh most part :wink:.
3) A skill that I forgot to add would be the ability to mind control (form a limited time taht is based on skill level) a follower of the dark. A phantasmer could take control of a wraith for example and turn it into an ally...til time does them apart :lol:.

Weakened by:

1) Attacks by the allies of the light. This means that they will be weak against Fire attacks and some forms of water (if it is implemented), which would be blessed by the presence of player of light.
2) Daylight reduces mana regeneration time. Daylight may be evaded by going into a dungeon..however, since we're in dungeons most of the time :wink:, mana regen would be equal to that of a normal, non-classed player.

a. Light character: mana regen during day (1.0), night (0.7), dungeon during night (0.75)
     b. Non-associated player...median of both classes: mana regen during day (0.75), night (0.75)
     c. Dark character: mana regen during day (0.7), night (1.0), dungeon during day (0.75)

3) Attacked by a prayer (which also goes for a light character when cursed by a phanastmer), which is permenant until removed by a Necro Sorcerer (Opposite of Tabernacle priest)

more to come :wink:.

hm, like that...

thx :P

D-Unit Chronos Premier.

Hune

« Reply #8 on: 28, August 2005, 03:42:15 »
Yes... this is a serious problem that happens when a player wants to define a new class for the sole purpose of super-powering himself...

With the benefits granted to the Diruid class so far, I'm tempted to suggest that death is permanent... I don't think you should be worried though cause I doubt it will ever happen.

I'm still interested in this Diruid class being fully defined however.

Psy

« Reply #9 on: 28, August 2005, 05:34:06 »
Yes... this is a serious problem that happens when a player wants to define a new class for the sole purpose of super-powering himself...

No offense, but I think that's a bit condesendic! I wasn't creating the Phantasmer for the sole purpose of "super-powering" myself. Actually, this idea wasn't even in mind. At the time, I was simply trying to create a mob (Diruid) taht went along with the D-Unit stories :wink: and taht would serve some purpose for the Daimonin community. At this point, I'm not sure what limitations to put on the Phantasmer class because I don't know what the future betas hold with regards to skills and abilities. I really don't want to stear off-course from the main theme of daimonin and make it another knock-off game from other MMOs.

Daimonin is original and I'm trying to keep the ideas original :P. I need more suggestiosn to really perfect the Phantasmer...any more aside from light vs. dark?

D-Unit Chronos Premier.

Hune

« Reply #10 on: 28, August 2005, 06:43:51 »
Yes, your right it was condesending... but my opinion none the less.

If I have this right a Phantasmer has the following advantages...
Diruid Phantom Summoning
Diruid Necromere Summoning
Diruid Malus Summoning
Diruid Hordil Summoning (Avatar)
(These are excellent suggestions that would play well should several other classes be granted similar capabilities and the monsters summoned arent too powerful)

Necroflame: Fires a projectile infused with the drakness of the lowest plane. Damage varies by skill level
Sword of Montis: Fires a sword like projectile that drains the mana and grace of any light-associated player or mob.
Soul Drain: Emits a specter that drains the life of the opponent, granting it to the player.
Diruid Damnation: Fires a scyth-like projectile that inflicts damage (peionic and physical) to opponents.
Nether storm: A psionic fire/ice storm.....you get the picture
(All of these spells are excellent suggestions should they be balanced against other classes. Soul drain and Sword of Montis have the POTENTIAL to be a "Super Power")

Phantasm
Phantasmic Mastry (Potential to be a Super Power)

Psionic attack Immunity
Minor Resistence to lightining
mind control (Charm Undead)

And a Phantasmer has these disadvantages.

weak against Fire attacks and SOME forms of water
Daylight reduces mana regeneration time. Daylight may be EVADED by going into a DUNGEON..however
Attacked by a prayer (I dont understand this one at all)

I'd hate to be a PH player going up against you in PVP. Unless of course I had my trusty Fire Sword of major ass kicking with me. Don't take offense to what I say... I'm just a jerk okay... and your class IMO is WAY out of balance... perhaps the problem is there are no parallel classes with similar strengths to balance it out...

Don't get me wrong... I really do like the idea of a Phantasmer... and my offer to assist you with scripting an NPC for this till stands...

Drathmoore

« Reply #11 on: 28, August 2005, 13:20:31 »
Hey, this may be a little odd, but what if players could be ghosts or even undead skeletons or zombies? 8)
Drathmoore

Elephantey

« Reply #12 on: 28, August 2005, 14:42:18 »
*ele quietly shuffles away from Drathmoore* :)
Captainof 1st class of the 6th regiment of D-unit
Co-leader of Knights Of The Silver Order
Leader of regiment 2 in the Slayers
Looking minor dam armour of any kind (ie helmet or chestplate or boots etc)
http://www.freewebs.com/elephantey/

Hune

« Reply #13 on: 28, August 2005, 17:39:46 »

I was simply trying to create a mob (Diruid) taht went along with the D-Unit stories

Psy... ever thought of building a colony of these guys on a map... then having an invisible friendly one somewhere that takes you on as his apprentice when you discover him?

In beta 6 it could be revealed that the Diruids are Moroch's secret new breed of evil warriors... Then all Diruids would be fueled by a power opposite of the tabernacle and fight against all followers of the tabernacle... Massive turning point!

Psy

« Reply #14 on: 28, August 2005, 17:54:54 »
I see, so basically, we'd need to pump up teh other classes to make sure taht the pahntasmer doesn't have the upper hand :P. Well, I'll get cracking on creating a Knight-like player class and a Paladin-like class to try and balance them out :).

Attacked by a prayer (I dont understand this one at all)

I admit that that one was a bit off :?. What I mean to say is the following. Suppose you go up against a Paladin or follower of the light in PvP. It wouldn't be appropraite to name a "bewitchment" cast by the player of light a curse; therefore, it would be a prayer. If a Phantasmer could cast a curse, a ligth character should be able to cast a "prayer".

This concept also goes for dungoens of light influence and such. I mean, if you're an enlisted serveant of eveil, your ultimate goal would be to cripple the forces of light :twisted:. This means that you'd have to go through the worst (in a drak one's opinion) of places to acieve taht Some maps would have a "prayer" handicap upon a Phantasmer that brings the steady wrath of teh higher planes upon them. This could range anywhere from extended poisoning or loss of mana regen :).

Psy... ever thought of building a colony of these guys on a map... then having an invisible friendly one somewhere that takes you on as his apprentice when you discover him?

Not sure what you mean there :?. Please help!

D-Unit Chronos Premier.

Tags: