Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Scroll/potion/dust casting system  (Read 2961 times)

franta

« on: 01, September 2005, 16:47:21 »
Hey game need better scroll/potion/dust casting system - like wands but you could ready more scrool/potions/dust. After identifications scrolls should have information wheather they are prayers, magic or device.

I need a new weapon!!!!

Elephantey

« Reply #1 on: 01, September 2005, 17:04:16 »
Ive just had an ace idea, thats sort of along the same wavelength. Well, im gonna post it here anyhow. How bout we use scrolls+ potions+ dust to refill our wands up to like a maximum of 100 shots. What ya think? Of course the lvl of the scroll/potion/dust would affect how many it restores and it would be harder to restore shots in a hier lvl wand.

Whatya think ele

PS sorry for thread jackin
Captainof 1st class of the 6th regiment of D-unit
Co-leader of Knights Of The Silver Order
Leader of regiment 2 in the Slayers
Looking minor dam armour of any kind (ie helmet or chestplate or boots etc)
http://www.freewebs.com/elephantey/

Unislash

« Reply #2 on: 01, September 2005, 18:42:10 »
Well,

A more "important" or more needed thing of the same kinda sort is a way to be able to ready more throwing weapons. There is a way though: bags. I can make bags with the race of a new weapon type and then on the items have the same race attribute. That way when you pick up a weapon that has that race it will go into the bag that has the race (exactly like quivers and arrows, just saying the way to actually do it).

In other words, you *can* make it so that a special bag and special items work just like the quiver and arrows. Only problem is that... well, the bags being special are no prob, but you would all need new weapons for them to go in the bag. In your case, we could have a book as the special bag and then you would need to use or throw out all of the dust/potions/scrolls that you had stockpiled and start over with the new ones for it to work like the arrow and quivers.

However, this should be an easy fix and it needs to be done. Usually when this is the case, MT has other ideas.

Cheers,
Unislash
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

Hune

« Reply #3 on: 01, September 2005, 19:09:09 »
Belts in this game really suck right row... what if they were expanded in the future to things like...

belt of minor potion holding...
belt of minor throwing knife holding...
belt of minor scroll holding...

Not only could you 'A'pply these items but you could 'F'ire these items as well...
just an Idea...

Lord_SilverStone

« Reply #4 on: 01, September 2005, 20:23:06 »
I know already that the staves in teh game need to be recharged after they have used up there charges, but the Rods do not need to be recharged.  They instead can be fired but have a minor waiting period between firings.  We could look into a skill for Wand Recharging or we could make it a repeating quest.  You bring the requirements for teh recharging (based on type of wand) and an NPC will recharge it.  The only bad part about this is that you would have to have requirements for every type of wand that the game has and when you went to recharge it you would have to search a list of wands to find the one you have or it could auto pick your wand (dunno how that would workt hough).  Plus what would we need to have to recharge a wand.  We cannot have every wand have teh same stuff becuase it just wouldn't look right.  

Also if we made Wand Recharging a skill you would have to have a recipe for every type of wand in the game.  That would be alot of wands and would cost alot of money to train in it or even alot of time to find the recipies if they are drops.  

I think it is an awesome idea to have wand recharging because it is very useful and it sucks when you find this awesome Wand of Fireballs lvl 50 and it only have 2 charges and you use them up you would have to throw it away.  If we had the wand recharging all you would need to do is find the requrements to charge it and either use the skill or bring it to and npc to recharge.  

Also i would put a limit on the number of charges you can put on a staff.  We should keep it a resonable number.  We don't need any Wands of Fireballs lvl 50 with 1000000000 charges on it.  I would cap the number of charges around 100 or al ittle more or less.  

Just my opinion anyone like it???

Lord SilverStone

Ratix

« Reply #5 on: 01, September 2005, 21:31:35 »
I do, maybe at lvl 1 Md the max number of charges on a wand would be 10 or so, increasing every level, level 110 Md would equal 150 charges or so... If a player finds or buys a wand with more charges than their Md lvl will allow, they can still use it but once its dead they can only recharge it back to its max (lvl1 = 10 charges) . Does that make sense? If a lvl1 in Md buys a wand with 100 charges from another player they should still get the full 100 charges , thats what they paid the player for and thats what the selling player spent on the wand.

Elephantey

« Reply #6 on: 01, September 2005, 22:02:16 »
Yeah, but I think that the lvl of the wand should also affect this. So for example a lvl 1 can have 30 shots on a lvl 1 wand, and a lvl 110 can have 30 shots on a lvl 110 wand, but 110 can have 200 shots on a lvl 1 wand (not that hed want to).

Also, going back to the idea of scrolls/wands/dust to recharge wands, u could take these to an NPC to recharge a wand.

Ratix

« Reply #7 on: 01, September 2005, 22:05:58 »
Unless Md lvl * wand lvl / 2 = wand charges rounded up, or a more complicated formula of that sense.

Lord_SilverStone

« Reply #8 on: 02, September 2005, 05:33:54 »
Ok you guys are talking about a weapon that will level with you.

Most wands in the game right now have a set level to them.  For instance you have a wand of Fire balls level 10 with 20 charges on it.  A level 1 can use this wand at the moment in the game.  What you are talking about is having a wand that actually goes up in levels as you level up.  

This is not a bad idea but then you would not be able to use a higher level wand than your current level.  And if you grab a level 1 wand would it acutally jump your your level or would you have to actually level the wand up.  I think the wands should have a set level on them.  ANd you can just recharge it as needed.  So if you find a level 110 wand of Ice and you are level 55 you should be able to use it.  But we could set it so that only a level 110 player can recharge it.  There is alot of logistics in how this should work.  

I think we should get everyones ideas on this and do a test of each idea and see how it works out.  I knwo that will encompass alot of coding but it will give us a sure way of knowing which is the best way to go at this.

Lord SilverStone

Elephantey

« Reply #9 on: 02, September 2005, 19:53:22 »
Well I wasnt talkin bout that, I was just talkin bout the rechargin side of things, ie its recharge maximum increases so more shots can be fired with it before u must come to town to refill it. Also, I was using the potions lvl to show how much it can refill a wand.

I was thinkin somthin like MD lvl/wands lvl*60 for maximum recharge amount, obviously ure gonna hve to round it off.

Then have potions lvl/wand lvl*5 for how much it recharges the wand. O yeah, the refill amount will change if its givin to lo lvl player after its charged up. Otherwise ur gonna get lvl 1s buying highly powered up wands from hi lvlers at like fs lvl 10 and clearin out the slime cave 20 times with it :(.

Hune

« Reply #10 on: 02, September 2005, 21:12:58 »
Okay... So if there was an NPC that dealt primarily with scroll... he could be called a scribe...

if there was an NPC that dealt primarily with potions... he could be called a alchemist...

if there was an NPC that dealt primarily with wands... what would he be called??? anyone???

Elephantey

« Reply #11 on: 02, September 2005, 21:18:53 »
A magical carpenter?

Ratix

« Reply #12 on: 02, September 2005, 23:16:09 »
No Ls I was saying whatever the wand is that you're using would be used in the formula. If you got ahold of a better wand then you would use it... or am I wrong somehow lol.

Elephantey

« Reply #13 on: 03, September 2005, 20:07:22 »
Tru, but surely in real life itd be harder to use a stronger piece of magical equipment? So therefore u would have less control over it, so less shots :).

If u did it your way, then itd be too much like a rod with near infinite shots with real hi lvl wands.

Ratix

« Reply #14 on: 03, September 2005, 20:31:29 »
If u did it your way, then itd be too much like a rod with near infinite shots with real hi lvl wands

Exac... I mean oh. =)

Tags: