Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Author Topic:  Races  (Read 812 times)

rpguru

« on: 03, September 2005, 06:33:18 »
One simple question, are humans and half elves all there are, or is that just on the server, do let me know

OOC

Unislash

« Reply #1 on: 03, September 2005, 07:40:47 »
Well, that is all that is in the game atm. The graphics are what is holding us back. It takes 72 pics per char, and then you have to go align them :P. We are planning a lot more races for the future.

Cheers,
Unislash
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

bigbroni

« Reply #2 on: 03, September 2005, 13:40:31 »
Ah nice to know, I would prefer to play a dwarf - could it be possible to change the chars race once they are implemented? - pls.  advice. :-)
w/r bigbroni alias Peronaria

Praise the holy Tabernacle !!! - allways :-)

Bobthehobo

« Reply #3 on: 03, September 2005, 14:24:20 »
I don't think changing your race makes sense in the middle of the game makes sense. . . But I hope to see lots of new races.

Unislash

« Reply #4 on: 03, September 2005, 16:41:26 »
I'm not sure about changing the race in the middle of the game.... i mean, we may let you if we come in with like 7 more races all of the sudden, but i'm not sure how we'd do that part of it. Red could be making gfx for races right now, but he is working with polyveg on Client 3D.... so... yea :)

Cheers,
Unislash
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

Asuruga

« Reply #5 on: 03, September 2005, 19:31:30 »
Well, you can't change your race in the middle of the game... that would be stupid.

You're born as what you chose (any race selections, currently only half elf and human), not what you pikced to become half way into the game. However, we do need more race types. >_> and rpguru... you can't be OOC on a message board! :D

Elephantey

« Reply #6 on: 03, September 2005, 19:49:11 »
Unless u have a race changing potion :D
Captainof 1st class of the 6th regiment of D-unit
Co-leader of Knights Of The Silver Order
Leader of regiment 2 in the Slayers
Looking minor dam armour of any kind (ie helmet or chestplate or boots etc)
http://www.freewebs.com/elephantey/

Unislash

« Reply #7 on: 04, September 2005, 03:48:37 »
Well yea, i mean it may just be available the first few times you log in after new races are implemented, that way if you really wanted to be a dwarf and they were implemented along with other races, you could change your race instead of having to restart the game. I mean, right now we only have two because we don't have so much content (and maybe want to not have an extra 144 images to change if we change the way images are named) and/or gfx for them.

Cheers,
Unislash
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

Cheristheus

« Reply #8 on: 04, September 2005, 14:02:08 »
I doubt the current game technique allows for a race change of existing characters. I maybe wrong, but I think it is quite likely to fail. No race changing potion.
Cher :)

__elt___6

« Reply #9 on: 04, September 2005, 21:28:10 »
Ok I really want Elves as a playable race :) im tired of being a "Bastard Half Elf"  -Dragon Lance series

Ratix

« Reply #10 on: 05, September 2005, 00:47:31 »
/me wants to be a demihuman. Is demihuman even a race or did I make that up? I was thinking half demon half human, I guess.

Antoneja

« Reply #11 on: 05, September 2005, 06:43:09 »
I'd like to see some Orcs, but not the little piggy ones in the game (sorry whoever created them), real brute force playable Orcs. Dwarves, also.
I like my char how she is, but I would like to see other playable races wandering around.

red

« Reply #12 on: 05, September 2005, 16:51:59 »
hehe another post with idea's about races.
Please write your idea's in the wiki pages, wich wil make it a lot easyer to look at everyones idea's.

write down your idea, and support it with some comments and of course the stats you thing the race should have.

here is the wiki page.

http://www.daimonin.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=TODO%3A%20Races

greets red
Sub- Admin, 3d Artist.

Elephantey

« Reply #13 on: 05, September 2005, 17:34:15 »
OMG i typed in loads of em :( but it wouldnt let me save, ive even got wiki access :(.
Captainof 1st class of the 6th regiment of D-unit
Co-leader of Knights Of The Silver Order
Leader of regiment 2 in the Slayers
Looking minor dam armour of any kind (ie helmet or chestplate or boots etc)
http://www.freewebs.com/elephantey/

Tags: