Language: 
To browser these website, it's necessary to store cookies on your computer.
The cookies contain no personal information, they are required for program control.
  the storage of cookies while browsing this website, on Login and Register.

Poll

U like? or u no like?

Ya
3 (30%)
Na
4 (40%)
Um
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: 07, September 2005, 20:53:31

Author Topic:  ROD system  (Read 4996 times)

Elephantey

« on: 07, September 2005, 20:53:31 »
Well as I see it, in particular with places like DT, there are noobs runnin round with rods/horns that are faaaaaar to powerful for them, we need some kinda limiting system that allows higher lvls to use rods, but also prevents noobs abusin em.

Well, I have looked and seen that intelligence (int) is currently not bein used for anythin (as far as I know). Well why not use this for rods? SOme kinda formula like rod/horn lvl-int lvl=MD lvl at which rod/horn can be used. Whatya think, huh punks? :lol:
Captainof 1st class of the 6th regiment of D-unit
Co-leader of Knights Of The Silver Order
Leader of regiment 2 in the Slayers
Looking minor dam armour of any kind (ie helmet or chestplate or boots etc)
http://www.freewebs.com/elephantey/

Psy

« Reply #1 on: 07, September 2005, 21:05:56 »
mmm...I dunno.

I always thought that an effective measure against such players was to create a Key for DT which could be obtained after killing the Drow Anni at UC. The key can only be used with an MD level of 50 and/or a Ph lvl of 35. This makes it a bit more practicle for players to venture into DT. Though they are below the lvl of the first mobs in DT, the player with an MD of 50 should have an AC high enough to take the its and live for a bit. The ROD system seems a bit too tough to implement...no offense :wink:.

The Key idea could also work out for UC. A player wanting to venture there would have to defeat one of Rhun's guards in order to win the UC key. Or, to make it more interesting, they would have to go to the Fort and speak to the Knight inside it. The Knight would give em some Quest ("Help us defeat atleast 20 Orcs" or "Find my lost battle helm...which would be inside the Orc Warlord on the battlefield").

:D
(WMD) Weapon of Mob Destruction
D-Unit Chronos Premier.
D-Unit info : Documentation -->User stories

smacky

« Reply #2 on: 07, September 2005, 21:15:18 »
Yeah, you may have a point, Psy, about locking noobs out of DT.

But otoh keys to dungeon B obtainable only after conquering dungeon A begin to make the game too linear and restrictive, imo;

I like Ele's basic idea a lot. Devices  should require Int to use, and lvl 1 chars should be restrained from charging around with a lvl 50 fs rod!

kyleball2

« Reply #3 on: 07, September 2005, 21:25:32 »
i do not like the idea of using int lol a noob could get hold of int stuff too...what would stop it, would be to have a level requirement for the rods/horns...

Psy

« Reply #4 on: 07, September 2005, 21:32:59 »
yeah, Smacky makes alot of sense! That would make the game look like a knock off from any other RPG.

Kyle also brings an interesting point to light. Noobs could just go and buy Intel stuff and that wouldn't be too fair.
hmm, not sure what else to use in a case like this :?!
(WMD) Weapon of Mob Destruction
D-Unit Chronos Premier.
D-Unit info : Documentation -->User stories

Bobthehobo

« Reply #5 on: 07, September 2005, 21:38:59 »
This is not a very big issue and it has already been settled in B4 with the storm rod nerf. This topic's problem has already been resolved.

Cheristheus

« Reply #6 on: 07, September 2005, 22:20:46 »
I of course voted no! :)
Cher :)

Garath

« Reply #7 on: 07, September 2005, 22:51:03 »
STORM ROD NERF!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Ok I'm done yelling now. *goes and whimpers in corner because he'll nvr have a good strom rod :cry: *

COT (completly of topic) Hey I'm an orc war lord now....yay :D
Sorry about my spelling. I often didn't do to well on spelling tests if I didn't study.
For me it was both.

Unislash

« Reply #8 on: 08, September 2005, 00:07:05 »
I still want there to be a lvl requirement. I think MT agreed to that, or at least some other devs do :) (i don't know of any who don't so...). The rod nurf is known as the storm nurf, and only effects storm rods. MB rods still can do all of this damage at lvl 1.

Cheers,
Unislash
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

Ratix

« Reply #9 on: 08, September 2005, 00:22:09 »
NOOOOO!... wait a minute Ive already gotten all my rods stolen, it doesn't matter to me anymore heheh.

Elephantey

« Reply #10 on: 08, September 2005, 17:07:24 »
@ Kyle and whoever made the point of noobs gettin lotsa real hi lvl rods/horns. Okay, I thought there was a max of like 25? This would mean that the max lvl rod that a lvl 50 could have is lvl 75 and thats because theyve devoted all there stat armour/rings/ammys to it and so have thouroughly deserved it. The int doesnt give that much an advantage. If ya want to make it harder just do somthin like
(rod/horn lvl+10)-int=MD lvl rquired. I mean u get good bonuses if u increase other stats by 25, so surely raising in by 25 should make a decent bonus 2?

But LOL, it cant get more mixed than this, 2 votes for each option :D. Also, keys sound not too bad, tho Smacky makes good point, maybe if u get like UC key at lvl 15 and DT key at lvl 25, so that most can go to all, just lo lvl noobs who cant :D :D :D :D :D

Unislash

« Reply #11 on: 08, September 2005, 19:37:30 »
Or maybe instead of keys, we could just have a quest eh? Seems a bit easier, and you guys would all have another quest to do. I'm thinking only quests for the really high lvl places, if not only a few of them. Otherwise, like someone said up there, we get too linear and it completely destroys the game play.

Cheers,
Unislash
Forum Admin/Mapmaker

T_H_E_O_N_E

« Reply #12 on: 08, September 2005, 21:12:23 »
If the people you talk about can be in the high lvl places, what say that a quest or key make any different.
Maby if they use the keep distance type.

I answered Um to the poll. I dont like the ways rods and horns use.
That make normal magic pretty useless.
I think that the levels that you need should be different levels of magic. Like one ball, two balls, storm or whatever should be used. I like the idea of bind it with Int witch is used for magic.
Think of Gandalf in LOTR, if you is 100% magical you will your magic trough the magical item and make it powerfull. If you on the otherhand choose a fighter, you wont have so much magic and wont be as strong as the magic type.

Another thing is that there should be different types like fire/ice/lightning-rods. At lvl 1 you maby shoot one lightning and gets stronger untill lvl 5 or something and then shoot three lighning instead. (anyone who played PSO know what i mean) I mean also that you can find/buy these lvl
daimonninjas.mondoglommo.htm

Elephantey

« Reply #13 on: 08, September 2005, 22:39:08 »
Ya, but plz be a wee bit more specific. Like for example, how will int affect this? Its still neck to neck, will my idea prevail? I mean fairly simple, if int+MD lvl dont add up to the same as or more than your rods/horns lvl then you cant use it.

T_H_E_O_N_E

« Reply #14 on: 09, September 2005, 00:30:28 »
I think that int should be the strenght of the magic.
Take magic bullet for example, normaly when you have 12 stats on int you do the normal damage.
But if you raise your int to 15 you do 13% more damage.
And the same with rods but then it raises to 16% because it strenghts your magic power.
With 25 in int it will raise to 36% more damage.

I coldnt figure what you statement was, so tell me if i made my point any clearer.
Thanx
daimonninjas.mondoglommo.htm

Tags: